Sunflower Seed, Raw
1 lb bag $2.75
5 lb bag $13.75
50 lb case $137.50
Businesses reselling product may register for wholesale volume pricing
Raw Sunflower Seeds
Raw sunflower seeds have a mild nutty flavor and firm and tender texture giving them a light crunch. They contain vitamins such as Thiamin, Vitamin B and Folacin. A good source of calcium and packed with fiber, these seeds are also high in protein and good, healthy fats. Perfect for toppings on a salad or tossed in muffins. Mount Hope’s sunflower seeds, cultivated from the tall, yellow golden sunflower, are naturally gluten-free and unsalted making them a great addition to any recipe.
Sunflower seeds aren’t just for the birds! Humans have enjoyed these ¼ inch long edible seeds, known as the sunflower’s fruit, for thousands of years. The sunflower, first domesticated by Native Americans around 1000 BC. is a native North American plant. The seeds grow in a colorful variety of red, black, white and black/white striped on one single flower.
Sunflower seeds work well in many recipes for breakfast lunch or dinner. Some uses for sunflower seed include the following:
- Ground bulk portions of raw unsalted and shelled sunflowers seeds into flour for baking or butter to replace peanut butter.
- Substitute black sesame seed or chia seed in a variety of dishes.
- Top bread, muffins, and bagels with these nutty-flavored seeds.
- Add a texture and flavor to granola and oatmeal
- Make a unique condiment on top of salads and soups
- Add great flavor to vegetable dishes
- Compliment them to pasta recipes.
Purchase individual or bulk orders of these versatile seeds. Mount hope sells them wholesale in 1 and 5 pound bags, or you can bulk order full cases. We also sell Roasted Sunflower Seeds seasoned with cottonseed or sunflower oil and salt. Check them out for a richer flavor profile.