1 lb bag $6.75
Ground Curry Powder
Ground curry powder is an exotic spice blend great for use in authentic Indian and Southeast Asian cooking. This gluten-free powder combines coriander, fenugreek, turmeric, cumin, salt, ginger, mustard, red pepper, anise, and cassia oil. It is an aromatic spice blend that not only creates a signature flavor for your recipes, but the spices each provide harmonizing health and medicinal benefits.
- Cassia is a form of cinnamon, the same that we offer ground and in sticks. Cassia oil comes from the bark of the Cinnamomum cassia plant. In traditional Chinese medicine, it’s thought that cassia helps fight off viral and microbial infections, relieves stomach ailments, and improves circulation. The also oil keeps the spice blend from caking.
- Ground Coriander has a mildly sweet flavor and is a common ingredient in ground curry powder. Along with other spices in this blend, medicinal qualities include aiding in digestion, reducing inflammation, and controlling blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Fenugreek, another herb used in traditional Chinese medicine to help treat skin conditions, adds a nutty sweetness to the ground curry powder.
- Turmeric is known in India to be a nutritional supplement with powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Science is finally backing up this theory. Turmeric gives curry powder its distinct yellow color.
- Cumin is beneficial in treating stomach issues such as gas, bloating and IBS. It is a detoxifying spice and rich in vitamins and nutrients with a strong savory flavor profile.
- Ginger has a strong zesty flavor and is known to lower cholesterol and improve brain function.
Ground curry is the best spice for preparing authentic Indian Curry dishes. You can also use it to flavor stews, soups, and sauces. It makes tasty meat and vegetable recipes.
Mount hope offers bulk wholesale orders of curry powder in 1 pound (0.45 kg) bags.